UPDATE: Apologies to anyone who tried to join the earlier challah dough session.
Here is a new link for the braiding session to begin this morning at 11:45am.
Topic: Challah Braiding Zoom Meeting
Time: Mar 27, 2020 11:45 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 872 230 280
Join the rabbis for an online challah baking class on Friday morning, March 27 through the Zoom video conferencing platform. THERE WILL BE TWO SESSIONS: a mixing session at 10am and a braiding session at 11:30am. The links to both Zoom sessions are below, along with the ingredients and simple equipment needed. Contact the rabbis if you have any questions.
- 2 1/4 cups warm water
- 3 eggs OR (for vegan challah) 6 Tbs. finely ground golden flax seed soaked in 3/4 c. water2 packages (4½ teaspoons bulk) yeast⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup good oil (safflower, sunflower, olive)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- about 8 cups unbleached bread flour or all-purpose flour
- sesame or poppy seeds for topping
- large mixing bowl
- sturdy wooden or metal spoon
- small bowl and fork for beating eggs
- plastic wrap
- baking sheet
- parchment paper, oil, or pan spray for baking sheet