Hello Temple Members & Friends,
The central themes of Passover have especially powerful resonance this year: exodus from the “narrow place”, liberation from oppression, affirmation of hope and a vision of a better future. Despite our present challenging circumstances, we hope that everyone will find some means of celebrating Passover. Here are some resources to assist you:
- Caterer Amy Kantor is offering “Seder in a Box” with various dinner options – Click Here for the order form (and see note on delivery for those who cannot do their own pickup). ALL ORDERS – AND PAYMENT – MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, APRIL 3
- We will be hosting an online community Seder gathering, Thurs, Apr 9, 6:00pm. Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/589647621 Meeting ID: 589 647 621 (See note on Zoom below if you are unfamiliar with it)
- Download or print your own copies of our Temple Sinai “Saratoga Haggadah”, compiled by the rabbis (click here for your own copies.) Feel free to share with family and friends.
- Some links to Passover information and resources from the Reform Movement:
- Click here for a document with lists and links to a variety of additional Passover resources and online Haggadot
- Use some of your pent-up energy to create your own Haggadah
- Explore plant-based alternatives Guide for a Plant-based Passover from Jewishveg.org
We are happy to be available to you to advise and support you as you navigate Passover during this trying time. Please contact us with any questions you have about your celebration of our joyous Festival of Liberation. And If you would like to observe the custom of selling your chametz to a non-Jew for the duration of Passover, please email us to authorize us to sell it on your behalf.
We wish all of you a zissen Pesach – a sweet Passover season!
– Rabbis Linda and Jonathan
Note on Zoom for those unfamiliar: You can use Zoom on any device: smartphone, tablet, laptop, desktop. If you do not already have Zoom on your computer or other device, you will be instructed to download the program or app when you click on the Zoom meeting link provided above.